Who we are
One Village at a time Uganda Chapter (OVAAT) is a registered NGO with the Ugandan and it is Government by individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people globally starting with one village at a time. So at OVAAT, development is more than a passion or a calling. It’s a profession. Doing it well takes experience, ingenuity and a stubborn insistence that tomorrow’s work must be better than today’s. We take a promising new way of powering a village in Uganda and adapt it to a village in a developed country. We embrace project management as a discipline, not an afterthought, so our clients get maximum impact for minimum risk. And we think big, about applying lessons learned across all of our projects, about bridging the gap between segregated technical fields and about forging partnerships that unite the world’s best minds to solve its toughest problems.
To promote meaningful change around Ugandan communities to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives
Empowered,Healthy and Productive households in Ugandan communities
Where we Work?
We work in Eastern part of Uganda where there is highest child marriage and teenage pregnancy rates. Adolescent girls are vulnerable, and the cost of not protecting them is high. Child marriage often prevents girls from continuing their education and realising their full potential.
- To Empower youth to respond to their health and development needs
- To strengthen maternal health community initiatives
- To promote quality child health provision at all levels
- Women & Children
- Community Health Workers (CHWs) and Village Health Teams (VHTs)
- Community Based Organizations (CBOs)
- District Health Care Facilities and District Health Office
- District Policy Makers
Our Core Values
- Open mindedness
- Value for people
- Respect for gender and other forms of diversity